Freitag, 17. September 2010

"Hello, my name ist Susanne ...

... and I joined this course to improve my spoken English."

After everybody else in the "English conversation course" of the VHS introduced themselves, I knew I won´t learn anything from them. ;-P The theacher is a funny guy - unfortunately he is an american, I would´ve loved to have someone with a wonderful british accent - and  his comment was: "So, all of you have the aim to improve your skills in speaking English. But you don´t have to be as good as Susanne, she is nearly perfect." *blush*

Nethertheless it was a nice evening, we´ll met once week in a pub, read english texts or discuss about the latest news.

And I decided, that I really should start speaking English with my mum, even if I feel silly. I won´t find a better teacher.

See ya!

Susanne 

4 Kommentare:

  1. Good luck and: thats a wonderful decision. Even if it sounds silly in the beginning!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I find it hard if not impossible to start speaking a new language with someone if I've been speaking another one with him... it feels very very very strange. Keep up the good work :-). Kisses from Greece :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. @martina: yes, it feels very strange, that´s why I hardly never speak english with my mum. she speaks a lot of english with me and keeps complaining, that I answer in german - but it is not my fault, that my partents didn´t insist I speak english, when I was little ;-) but I´ll try my best and next year we´ll visit my family in England.

    AntwortenLöschen